Morgan Stanley's Investment Banking Division is looking for a Associate to join our M&Ateam in Milan.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division builds and maintains close relationships with corporations and governments around the world in order to provide both traditional and innovative solutions that meet their individual strategic and financial needs.
Morgan Stanley applies its global network, extensive experience in dealing with local jurisdictions throughout Europe as well as in-depth knowledge of its comprehensive banking products suite to meet our Clients' short- and long-term strategic objectives. About the Team
The Investment Banking / M&A Team is responsible for structuring and executing a wide range of complex domestic and international transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, IPOs, capital raisings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, spin-offs, exchange offers, leveraged buyouts and defences against unsolicited takeover attempts. The team also establishes and maintains strategic dialogues with existing and potential clients, provides financial advice and assists clients in achieving short- and long-term strategic objectives. The Team is oriented to provide the best solution for each individual client and works closely with Industry Teams and other Product Group Areas to best serve clients.
About the Role
Associates work on assignments which include various types of different transactions (M&A, capital markets) and business development projects while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions (including IPOs, M&A, strategic advisory).
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
- Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
- Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
- Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts; promoting team culture.
- Working closely with senior bankers on the team and across other groups.
- Top class Master’s degree or overseas equivalent in or related to finance from a leading university
- Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
- Familiarity with the sector and corporate landscape is desirable
- Fluent in English
- Strong analytical and modelling skills – these are critical to success as an Associate
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
- A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
- Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
- Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
- Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.