FSO Tax - Senior Manager
FSO Tax – Senior Manager
Our working world is rapidly evolving, and with that evolution comes unprecedented opportunities for businesses to adapt, expand, grow and transform. EYs tax practice combines agility, diverse thought, tax technical depth and the power of technology and analytics to provide exceptional value to clients. In a rapidly-changing business and tax environment, we develop dynamic leaders who, through innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit, make a positive impact on the working world as trusted business advisors.
Our Financial Services Organisation (FSO) is a unique, industry focused practice and the only one of its kind in a Big 4 firm. Tax is at the heart of our market offering. As a Senior Tax Manager you will be part of this story and will have responsibility for advising our high profile clients as they navigate the sea of international tax change, all the while building your profile as a trusted business advisor.
Tax is a fast paced and evolving discipline, and with the rapid growth in services clients require, and our business expanding to support that, we are looking for people who can operate across a wide range of areas. Working in tax at EY is about being a trusted business advisor to your clients, understanding and meeting their needs in a way that is right for them.
You’ll be given the opportunity to be a core member of our team, meeting with high profile clients to understand and help shape their agenda. You will be at the forefront of managing both the impact of global tax law change, and also how tax is delivered as a service offering to clients, supported by cutting edge analytics, automation and robotics.
Your key responsibilities
Your core focus will be on managing a diverse portfolio of clients, bringing together a multi-disciplinary internal team to provide the best possible service. You’ll be empowered to take ownership of the client relationships, acting as the face of EY as you build your personal profile with them. You will also shape the development of junior staff, facilitating their technical and practical experience to ensure they get exposure to a broad range of opportunities as they grow their careers.
You will work with the leadership team, both in tax and across other service lines, to help form and drive strategic initiatives for our business. You will have the ability to influence how we go to market, and be directly involved in branding initiatives, thought leadership and client events.
Skills and attributes for success
- A self-motivated and ambitious individual, with a determination to develop their career and grow a business in fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Advanced technical, interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Track record in building client relationships and business development activities.
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain an opinion, make decisions and handle challenges.
- Demonstration, and a track record, of an ability to lead a team of people to deliver a quality service to clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional qualification in ACA (or equivalent), law and/or Tax; or
- AITI qualified or equivalent qualification in a Commonwealth country (such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, UK).
- 4-6 years relevant post qualification tax experience.
- Experience working in industry or practice as a tax professional
- Strong technical skills and be keen to develop further.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Financial Services experience or a genuine interest in the financial services sector.
- Big 4 Tax experience.
What we look for
The ideal candidate is someone who is self-motivated and ambitious, balanced with the ability to work effectively as part of a team on a day to day basis. They must be able to manage competing projects, deadlines and client needs, demonstrating superior organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
We are looking for someone who is commercially aware, and who crucially can build strong and lasting relationships, both internally and externally, based on doing the right thing.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.