Finance FX Controller VP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
The Finance Division globally reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Liquidity Investment Funding Controllers (LIFC) is responsible for controlling and providing business support for Treasury and is part of the Global Corporate Controllers (GCC) organisation. Within London, LIFC comprises of the following core groups: Treasury Capital Markets (TCM) Controllers, Global Cash Controllers, Global FX Controllers, Global Intercompany Controllers and the LIFC Initiatives Team
The Global FX Controllers team in London is responsible for managing global foreign exchange exposure, at an entity level, arising from trading and non-trading activities across the Firm. Due to the significant risk to the Firm created by unhedged FX exposure, this team has a pivotal role in safeguarding the firm’s assets. The team’s primary objective is to minimize revaluation P&L (transactional risk).
The team performs a range of functions including processing and validating daily hedge requirements, validating and reporting daily and monthly revaluation P&L as well as month end reconciliation and control work and reporting. The team is also engaged in project and process improvement work in addition to ad hoc requests from the Corporate Treasury desk and various Controller groups. In this regard the team has considerable interaction with Product Controllers, IT, Tax, Legal Entity Controllers, Corporate Treasury and TCM Controllers colleagues globally.
An opportunity has arisen for a permanent role within the team. The successful individual will lead the team on its daily, monthly and annual deliverables as well as being a trusted advisor to Corporate Treasury and multiple Controller groups across the firm. The role will provide an opportunity to take a key leadership role in the strategic renovation of the system infrastructure as well as tactical risk reduction initiatives, and reports into the London based EMEA FX and Intercompany Controller.
The role will include the following involvement and responsibilities:
- Management of the Global FX Controller team based across London and Mumbai including review and approval of the daily hedge and daily FX revaluation P&L.
- Management of key risks and ownership of mitigating controls.
- Key leadership role in the delivery of system infrastructure renovation over the coming years.
- Trusted advisor on FX topics across finance globally.
- Identification and suggested remediation of sub-optimal hedging activities.
- Maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Escalate appropriately risk issues as and when they arise.
Understanding of FX Risk.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership as well as the ability to manage others to ensure deadlines are met and issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Analytical mind-set and good problem solving skills with a willingness to drill through to the root cause of issues.
- Ability to critically evaluate processes and controls and make suggestions for improvement and technology enhancement.
- Strong communicator with ability to interact with senior stakeholders.
- Solid experience in product control with risk management skill-set.
- Qualified with relevant Professional Qualification (i.e. Accounting or CFA).
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.