Fund Services Senior Officer - Japan
For our office in Tokyo, we are currently looking for a senior accountant. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
- As a member of the team in Tokyo you will work closely with the Manager or Senior Manager to oversee the delivery of accounting and reporting services to clients (both overseas and domestic) investing primarily in real estate and debt through GK-TK and/or TMK structures – also private equity and venture capital fund clients using Japanese GP/LP and Cayman structures;
- Experienced in J-GAAP and domestic taxation requirements, you will be comfortable preparing financial reporting and/or reviewing work prepared by other colleagues, overlaying your own specific local knowledge, particularly in relation to taxation, to ensure the accuracy and compliance of all reporting delivered to clients;
- As a skilled communicator you will be required to liaise with colleagues in other offices within Asia-Pacific (most commonly Hong Kong and Singapore) and across our global network to ensure smooth client delivery;
- Combining your knowledge of Japanese tax and accounting with a developing understanding of Alter Domus systems and processes, you will work within a structured framework to ensure a consistent client experience, promoting the use of standard reporting packs and system setup;
- You will use experience you have acquired in the past as well as excellent organisational skills, sound judgement, the ability to prioritise tasks and strong personal character.
- 5-6 years (Accountant) or 3-5 years (Senior Accountant) of relevant work experience, ideally from multinational asset management corporations, accounting service providers and / or Big 4;
- Tenacious and capable, keen to work in a small and growing team with a vision of the future, able to deal with numerous and varied tasks to support early stage business growth (a can-do and resilient attitude);
- Fully qualified accountant (e.g. JICPA / CPTA / ACCA / AICPA / ACA);
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English. Fluency in any other Asian languages, in particular Chinese (Mandarin and / or Cantonese) or Korean would be considered an asset;
- You are mature, stable and able to inspire confidence in others;
- Possessing a detail oriented approach you are able to analyse at both a micro and macro level;
- You possess experience in dealing directly with a range of clients and internal teams alike, skillful in the management of their expectations, in relation to both technical and other operational topics;
- Capable of identifying and anticipating possible problem areas, you will be able to accurately measure potential risks and offer suitable solutions to clients;
- knowledge of the local Japanese market and business practices, industry knowledge specific to Real Estate, Private Equity or Venture Capital would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of accounting systems such as Yayoi Kaikei, Tatsujin, eFront and/or YARDI would be a distinct advantage.