Inventory/Intercompany Accountant (perm)
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your ideal job… Just be prepared to dream big!
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as a key aspect of our Global Business Solutions (GBS) function. Our Record to Report Accounting Hub team supports diverse functions such as Revenue, Treasury, Copyright, Fixed Assets, Inventory and Intercompany.
Key QualificationsSkilled in process mapping with a desire to analyse current processes with a view to develop efficiencies while keeping compliance to the forefrontAbility to think creatively and develop innovative solutionsSAP/Tableau knowledge highly desirableExcellent teammate who enjoys working in a fast paced environmentStrong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to identify areas for alignment with other regional GBS teamsMature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimal direct supervisionProven track record of effective communication and engagement across the organisation and with external partnersAbility to adapt to changing business priorities and timelines
- Responsible for Supply Chain and Intercompany accounting for the EMEIA Buy Sell entities, including supporting finished goods and AppleCare inventory accounting
- Responsible for other inventory processes and transactions such as inventory reserves, manual transfers, the GRIR for the Buy-Sells, OEM on-boarding and ensuring all Intercompany & Supply Chain automatic postings are accurate and stays in sync with local entity requirements
- Help develop key inventory metrics and reports and reporting to management
- Support the testing of both inventory and Intercompany projects
- Responsible for the end to end intercompany process from accounting for recharges through to supporting Treasury with the settlements of intercompany balances
- Assist in developing global Intercompany processes while seeking efficiencies in processes through innovative ideas and thinking differently
- Ensuring financial data is recorded in accordance with established company policies and Local GAAP and ensuring SOX controls compliance
- Own and manage relationships and work closely with business partners
- Demonstrate technical and analytical abilities in conjunction with a statutory approach to drive system automation and process improvements
Education & Experience
- Relevant Finance/Accounting/Economics degree
- Qualified Accountant with a number of years' PQE is a requirement
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.