Loan Servicing, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication and technical expertise. They are responsible for implementing company policy, overseeing service deliverables and contributing to the development of the team and the organization. Reporting to an Officer, the Associate 2 is responsible for ensuring team compliance with operating policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to bank loan processing, and the timely completion of accurate loan service records. They are also responsible for team development, and enhancing internal client satisfaction.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Loan Servicing, Associate 2 you will
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalized reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients. Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Perform the daily processes and service delivery deadlines, through the effective utilization of resources with the support of the Officer.
- Review loan operating procedures and controls, and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these as they relate to the team’s funds. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- Experience working in loan administration service
- Proven strong working knowledge of WSO administrator and reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of bank loan products and market practices required
- Knowledge of accounting for loan products
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.