GDS Assurance - FAAS Staff
Senior – FAAS GDS Assurance is looking for a prospective candidate suitable for the role of a senior, for our Financial Accounting and Advisory Services (FAAS) team. Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provides advisory services including Accounting and regulatory support for accounting change and special matters; accounting processes and controls support (remediation, long-term contract accounting and cost accounting); GAAP Conversion and implementation; IPO and other public offering assistance and transaction accounting and financial reporting assistance (purchase price allocation). The Senior should be competent to manage a portfolio of clients and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of the work as per EY Global Standards for our FAAS team. The role requires technical knowledge of IFRS/US/UK GAAP along with well-developed communication skills. While the Senior will be based out of our Gurgaon or Bangalore center, the individual will be required to travel to other Countries (short term) for executing the client engagements.
Key responsibilities Manage quality of service delivery
- Execute the following FAAS solutions using Global service delivery framework:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Excellence
- Accounting Processes
- Regulation, Governance and Financing
- Audit remediation and readiness
- Ensure quality in delivering client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing Supervisors of engagement status
- Follow through on client requests in a timely fashion, and manage expectations regarding the timing of deliverables and reports
- Identify engagement and client service issues. Research and benchmark client data to industry data. Explain the client's critical success factors to the engagement team.
- Benchmark client data to industry data in order to make possible recommendations for improvements
- Apply independent and objective professional judgment in applying accounting standards to meet engagement expectations, including regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of accounting concepts; stay informed of professional standards and firm policies (e.g., guidelines of the EY FAAS Policy Manual); and effectively apply this knowledge to moderately difficult and/or complex client situations
- Receive direction from the Manager, Senior Manager and Partner.
- Domain/Role: Experience on GAAP Conversions (US GAAP/IFRS), Accounting on transactions such as M&A, IPO & Financial Reporting.
- Experience: 2 - 5 years
- Education: ACCA Affiliates & members
- Good understanding of IFRS/US/UK GAAP and international auditing standards
- Good understanding of Indian accounting and auditing standards
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
- Working experience in relation to the following services/solutions (at least three):
- GAAP conversions and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Drafting and designing accounting policies
- Technical accounting research and advice
- Consolidation and Compilation support
- Financial statement close process support
- Transaction accounting and reporting – IPO’s, Carve Outs, PPA etc.
- Audit remediation and readiness
- Benchmarking services and market analysis