Core Assurance Senior
As a Senior, you are required to manage a portfolio of clients and be responsible for the timeliness and quality of the work of the Global Delivery Services team serving that client. The role requires technical knowledge of Assurance and accounting standards and strong project management skills along with well-developed communication and leadership skills.
Seniors work on increasingly challenge engagements, in order to gain the experience and skills needed to manage a portfolio. Seniors typically manage small teams comprising Associates, Advanced Associates and Lead Associates.
The role will be the blended experience of EY’s domestic and multinational clients for CA’s who will like to gain exposure to IFRS/ ISA’s/ multinational companies whilst retaining domestic client experience.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities in the role of a Senior:
- Adapt the Assurance approach to the changing client environment.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and Assurance concepts and apply them to client situations.
- Develop people through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to staff. Provide performance feedback and training and conduct performance reviews.
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment. Contribute ideas/opinions to the Assurance teams and listen/respond to other team members' views.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Develop an understanding of EY's service lines and actively seek/encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to apply the firm's services.
Technical Competencies / Skills required:
Assurance Technical skills: good knowledge of Ind AS standards. Working knowledge of ISA’s an advantage.
Accounting Standards: good working knowledge of GAAP and financial performance and measurement concepts. Working knowledge of IFRS is an advantage.
Coaching skills: Able to coach and supervise junior team members and give feedback.
Project Management skills: Able to run multiple (5-6) engagements and team members simultaneously and should also collaborate with the onshore engagement team to identify critical project outcomes, work products, barriers to success, and changes in expectations or scope.
Communication skills: builds relationships with on-site and overseas colleagues, explains issues clearly, escalate and resolve problems appropriately.
Team player: contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism toward work challenges
- 2-5 years of post-qualification ACCA experience from midsized or Big 4 Assurance background
- ACCA Affiliates or Members with B Com
Competencies / Skills:
- Basic understanding of accounting and Assurance concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and good written & oral communication skills.
- Proficient with MS office and Outlook.
- Robust logical and reasoning skills.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
- Commitment to continuous learning and proactively implement onto new processes.
- Energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Empathy, patience, confidence, seeks continuous improvement
- Robust and assertive, able to handle conflicting demands and priorities
- Attention to detail
What we Offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.