EY GDS - Assurance – Consultant
As part of our EY-Assurance Team, the role requires the incumbent to proactively develop relationships with the global EY teams serving these engagements and supervise the delivery of GDS engagement management support activities.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in carrying out routine substantive and controls-based assurance testing for the engagement teams during the financial year end for the MENA region.
The role of a GDS Associate is to carry out routine substantive and controls-based procedures from the GDS India offices supporting the various Global client serving assurance teams mostly based in MENA. Key expectations for this role are to provide high quality results to these multinational teams, often to a tight deadline.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for delivering highest quality on every task assigned in line with EY Global review methodology and the expectations of Global assurance teams.
- Execute & document specific review procedures as defined by the engagement teams
- Timely identification of accounting issues, clearly document the facts and findings, and discuss with GDS senior/Assistant Manager.
- Work with the GDS senior and global team members to set goals and responsibilities.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism towards work challenges.
- Promote EY’s ethical and professional standards, including data confidentiality.
- Develop knowledge of use of EY technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- B Com completed
- ACCA part qualified (9 papers & above completed) with understanding of basic accounting and assurance concepts
- ACCA Affiliates with understanding of accounting and assurance concept
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Basis knowledge on MS – Excel Ms - Office
- Interest in business and commerciality.
Qualification and Competencies:
- Experience : 0 - 15 months of relevant exp
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and good written & oral communication skills.
- Proficient with MS office and Outlook.
- Robust logical and reasoning skills.
- Interest in business and commerciality.
- Team player, with the ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
- Commitment to continuous learning and proactively implement onto new processes.
What we Offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.