Senior Project/Program Manager, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Senior Project/Program Manager has the opportunity to directly contribute to State Street Global Delivery’s Transformation program and other strategic initiatives by supporting our business units to plan and execute transformation initiatives. The role is to support project/program governance, collaborate across the organization, drive end-to-end proactive management of program initiatives. The role also includes engaging business unit leaders to garner support and foster accountability.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Program Manager you will
- Leverage PM best practices to promote program governance policies ensuring accountability and alignment of activities of the Global Delivery Transformation strategy
- Drive outcomes through influence, cutting across organizational silos, establish stakeholder buy-in, and drive adoption of efficient processes and tools
- Develop and maintain end to end plans to manage timeline and resources
- Communicate project/program progress through reporting and presentations designed for an array of program stakeholders, including executive management
- Coordinate and manage project/program risks and issues resolution
- Build relationships and collaborate across the organization to drive business value
- Define, gather, consolidate, and analyze metrics to measure progress, including but not limited to, implementation milestones and financial targets
- Participate and support team development through training and coaching and encourage experiential and other learning opportunities
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining PMO internal controls aligned with Corporate Audit and Business Control Executive guidelines
- Perform other duties as required
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Analytical skills – understanding data, be able to draw conclusions and present findings.
- Exceptional analytical, verbal and written communication skill required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, Word & Teams required
- Experience with a Project Portfolio Management tool(s) and Tableau beneficial but not required
- Financial Industry expertise in middle and back office, and/or corporate divisions are a plus
- Strong relationship management and organizational skills
- Fluency English is a must
- Basic knowledge of the State Street business operations, product offerings and functional areas (business acumen)
- Knowledge of internal operational processes (e.g. accounting, custody) will be valuable
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Min. 7 years job related/industry experience in financial services or consulting is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Prince2, PMP or other industry recognizable certificate strongly preferred
What We Offer
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- Multisport card/cinema tickets / money transfer
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.