Fund Accounting, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
State Street is the leading global provider of ETF services with significant growth opportunities in the European market. Reporting to the Fund Accounting Officer, working on a large global ETF client, this position is a unique opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to ETF funds which invest in a variety of instruments (including derivatives).
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting, Senior Associate you will
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely production of the Net Asset Value per unit that is used for Investor deals and external publication.
- Analytical review of each portfolio to determine and validate the positions/trades that cause the largest impact on the NAV movement and investigate same.
- Ensuring all positions are priced correctly Verifying that corporate actions have been processed accurately.
- Processing of Interim and Year End fund distributions Liaise and assist with audit queries on annual financial accounts.
- Performing regular cash and derivative reconciliations Liaising with Fund Manager, ensuring a high level of service is provided at all times.
- Oversight of income projections Investigating and resolving any reconciling cash and future items Processing of accounting transactions on valuations system Manage a team of 4 to 5 people, ensuring all daily deliverables are met in an accurate and timely fashion, taking ownership for work performed by the team Training.
- Development and day to day Management of new and existing staff Review of overall job process with a view to further efficiencies and risk mitigation Daily interaction with other internal State Street departments servicing this large ETF client, namely IT team, ensuring correct system set-ups and new developments for various underlying applications utilized by the business.
- New product launch testing and on boarding Client reporting such as Vag, Solva etc.
What we value
- Excellent attention to detail Strong numerical / analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills
- High motivated and energetic Deadline-drive
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a large team
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.