Strategy and Transactions (SaT) Quality and Risk - Associate Director
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Associate Director is a key member of the SaT Quality team, works in collaboration with the EY-Parthenon Lead Quality consultants, and is responsible for engagement consultations with client serving teams for the EY-Parthenon practice. This position provides ad-hoc support and leads various initiatives within the Americas SaT Quality function, interfacing with Americas Risk Management, Independence and General Counsel’s Office (GCO).
- Responsible for engagement consultations for the EY-Parthenon practice on SaT policies and procedures matters, including client and engagement acceptance, conflicts and confidentiality, scope of services, work products, and engagement delivery
- Works in collaboration with EY-Parthenon Lead Quality consultants to resolve highly complex situations and issues, including coordination with appropriate Americas Quality leadership, Independence, Risk Management, GCO and others, as needed
- Deep understanding of the firm’s business and risk management tools and templates and serves as a key resource for client-service teams to help address Quality-related questions or issues
- Leads complex projects and assignments to support the EY-P practice from a Quality perspective, including various efficiency initiatives
- Reviews EY-P work products, proposals, training materials and other documents
- Develops EY-P materials reflecting thought leadership and leads training sessions or presentations to communicate new developments and resulting impacts to clients, leadership and Quality team members
- Conducts Quality Reviews
Analytical Responsibilities, Communication, and Teaming:
- Deep understanding and expertise in cross-competency quality protocols and procedures, and work closely with Americas Quality Leader and EY-Parthenon Lead Quality consultants to enhance efficiencies and speed to market
- Has strong industry knowledge and keeps abreast of emerging knowledge, trends and lessons learned regarding Quality, Independence, Risk Management and related areas
- Strategic thinker adept in complex concepts; can successfully manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, interfacing with executive leaders within the firm
- Develops relationships and builds a network of professionals across the SaT practice and broader EY Firm, including client service practitioners, business enablement functions, Quality, Independence, Risk Management, and GCO, to both mitigate risk and help enable responsible growth
- Leads, trains and mentors team members in executing various efficiency initiatives and enable team members to handle more complex issues independently
- Leads team members engaged in carrying out Quality Reviews, including reviewing working files, researching or analyzing information relating to consultations. Requires interactions with executive leaders and the ability to demonstrate expanded knowledge of SaT policies and addressing potential issues identified
- This role involves guiding and advising client-service professionals in the SaT practice. Consultations may be urgent and can occur outside of normal working hours. Flexibility in responding to questions from the practice in a timely manner is a must.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SaT Service Line core offerings and industry
- Deep understanding of Firm and SaT policies; familiarity with Quality, Risk Management, and / or Independence policies and procedures a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; as well as ability to interface and communicate effectively and diplomatically with all levels of EY personnel (including executive partners) across the service line
- Commercial mindset and approach to “problem solve” across multiple service line/competency, sectors and geographic areas
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail and exceptionally organized
- Strategic thinker adept in resolving complex issues
- Ability to work and team effectively with internal clients, leadership, and broader colleagues; and contribute to a positive working environment
- Strong project management skills
- Position requires extensive experience in a professional services environment and / or industry
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business (e.g. finance, accounting, etc.); MBA a plus
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.