Senior Financial Accountant
Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Senior Financial Accountant required
A chance to work for a reputable & rewarding Public Sector body
A rare opportunity has arisen to work for a reputable & rewarding Public Sector body based in Surrey as a Senior Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Finance duties include:
- Be responsible for the production of the annual statutory accounts.
- To work with the external auditors in the production of the statutory accounts.
- To work with all external bodies to meet all their requirements covering Inland Revenue, banks, custom and excise and internal auditors. In addition to develop good working relationships with all the institutes major funders
- Prepare the year end files and work with external auditors throughout the annual audit.
- Manage all the balance sheet accounts, to reconcile them and produce a monthly report stating the balance sheet position.
- Manage the suspense account, ensuring it is cleared on a monthly basis.
- Manage the Treasury function, with the production of weekly cash flow statements and bank reconciliations, together with placing long term deposits, ensuring adequate working capital available and managing the foreign currency accounts
- Monitor the capital expenditure and produce monthly monitoring reports for operational and senior management.
- Manage the fixed asset register and to record all purchases and sales of assets ensuring the posting are made accurately.
- Ensure the payroll is processed and charged to the accounts as required.
- Be responsible for the monthly reporting to the ONS
- Be responsible for the submission of the Quarterly VAT return including submission of MOSS returns
- Be the main contact with the Insurance brokers
- Be the main contact with the HMRC over Corporation tax exemption paperwork
- To work with the current Financial Accountant and Head of Finance to ensure all statutory tasks are completed
Qualified Accountant in either CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Full knowledge and experience of producing Statutory Accounts
- Knowledge of Public Sector and Charities Accounting Desirable:
- Proven track record of providing internal financial/treasury reports
- Experience of dealing with organisational change
- Knowledge of Charity law and VAT
- Knowledge of Access Accounting Systems
- Knowledge of maintaining fixed asset register
- Knowledge of Insurance
Generous Group Personal Pension Scheme and life cover
- 25 days annual leave per annum, pro rata, plus 10.5 public and privilege days
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Option to carry over up to two weeks annual leave
- Gym with subsidised membership
- Social club
- Lifestyle Hub (employee discount site)
- Cycle to work
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Childcare allowance
- Free onsite parking
- Electric Car charging facilities