Audit Senior - Pensions Glasgow
Audit Senior Pensions - Glasgow
Our specialist Pensions department works with all sizes of pension schemes right up to the largest in the UK. We help clients understand and manage key business risks, improve business processes and operating efficiency and assure the validity of vital business information. The role is primarily pensions audit, but may include some corporate audits as well as additional assurance projects such as analytics, risk reviews and systems reviews.
Your main aim will be to provide an independent view on our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses reflect their financial picture accurately, which in turn protects financial markets.
Your client responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using GAM to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Degree qualified
- External audit experience or a wide range of experience working in the Pensions industry in a accounting role
- Experience of the Pensions is essential
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information youprovide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implementactions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better workingworld. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusivenesshere. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.