Senior Manager, Financial Modelling
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Group Finance is part of the Financial Services Division and provides financial support to the Board, other business units (BU’s) and the Group’s shareholders.
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Property, Marketing, Strategy, Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end-to-end finance functions for these businesses and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation.
- The team manages an annual cost base of in the order of $2.5b with direct engagement and exposure to many members of the Bank’s senior leadership team.
- The purpose of the role is driving the transformation agenda within the Decision Support function of Group Support Services Finance.
- This role will be responsible for driving the GSSF transformation agenda to deliver significant productivity benefits and value.
Do work that matters
- Map the current reporting and forecasting processes used by the team and take the lead in re-engineering these processes to increase efficiency and enhance capabilities.
- Undertake a thorough review of the financial models and tools used by the team, and enhance them by improving usability and consistency, aligning with best practice financial modelling principles.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the sources of data use for reporting and engineer processes to automate reporting and insights.
- Centralise ownership of common finance processes, outputs and analysis and leveraging technology for automaton and insights
- Proactively work with the wider GSSF team, to embed a productivity and innovation culture, and identify and deliver on opportunities for the business.
- Help drive team goals and priorities including a strong and vibrant team culture.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA/CFA qualification
- Advanced Excel capabilities, including macros
- Proficiency with BI tools, Alteryx, and Tableau
- Experienced in the review and development of financials models for reporting and forecasting purposes
- Experienced in mapping processes and implementing improvements
- Successful experience in the execution of transformation strategies, harvesting operational efficiencies whilst improving capability & culture
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and to influence change
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Financial Services background and experience desirable
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 30/08/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.