Accounting Team Leader
About TMF Group
TMF Group helps its clients operate internationally and ‘belong’ wherever they are in the world. Our work includes helping companies of all sizes with business services such as HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, global governance and administration and fiduciary services for structured finance, private equity and real estate investments.
We employ nearly 9,000 qualified specialists in 125 offices located in 83 countries. We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the European TMF Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
The Accounting Team Leader will lead a team of 4-5 Specialists and Senior Specialist within a newly established, centralized 'Accounting Close & Control' team responsible for delivering Financial Reporting information and performing R2R related activities, to a portfolio of external clients, in collaboration with other teams (Core Accounting) and Local Offices.
- Lead a team responsible for the monthly analysis of accounts (TB, Balance Sheet, P&L) prepared by other TMF teams (Core Accounting), ensuring accuracy and correctness of the accounts, and providing insights and explanations on monthly movements, to a portfolio of external clients.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for GL / R2R / Financial Reporting related topics.
- Lead a team responsible for preparing Balance Sheet and P&L reconciliations, with the aim of ensuring the high quality and reliability of accounting records prepared by other TMF teams, and resolution of open items. Assess BS healthiness and surface risks to be addressed.
- Provide a set of financial information related with P&L and Balance Sheet during the monthly cycle to ensure accurate and timely postings of financial transactions, in order to deliver a timely period end close. Activities include (but are not limited to) research & analysis of entries, preparation & review of journals, etc.
- Perform in timely and accurate manner general accounting tasks including but not limited to process journal entries, calculation of accruals, posting and process allocations.
- Work with the other TMF teams to ensure activities carried out are correct and assist in resolving queries and or issues; manage period end close. Review the documentation for certain month-end control process, ensuring full compliance with pre-defined requirements. Support control remediation where required.
- Produce routine analyses, schedules and summaries for internal & external customers.
- Prepare audit deliverables as required.
- Able to coach and motivate team members to achieve targets and service levels agreed.
- Engage with key finance and non-finance stakeholders as required and manage these relationships.
- Contribute to and lead automation, standardization and improvements and drive these activities within the Team and with the Local Offices.
- Comply with accounting standards, policies and procedures.
- Support, follow-up and escalation of identified issues.
- Understand, monitor and take proper action regarding KPIs.
- Responsible for process documentation (including creation and updates as required).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- University degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, Polish CPA, or equivalent), even if partly qualified, will be a big advantage
- At least 4-5 years of experience in audit, or general ledger accounting/Record-to-Report area, in an international, or English-speaking environment
- Team management skills
- Previous experience of similar role (Accounting/Reporting expert, and/or Team Lead) will be an advantage;
- Proven experience in a multi-country, multiple legal entity environment will be an advantage
- Previous experience in BPO/SSC/Centralized delivery model will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of accounting, GAAP, corporate practices; IFRS knowledge will be an advantage
- MS Office literacy; Workday Financials or other ERP systems will be an advantage.
- Good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Proactive and engaged attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Continuous improvement mindset and process orientation and a solution oriented work approach
- “Getting things done” and service oriented attitude combined with the ability to communicate and explain procedures and solution proposals to stakeholders.
Working at TMF Group offers:
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing of tickets for sports activities
- Free language courses
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Opportunity to work on charity projects