EY Graduate Programme - Strategy and Transactions (Valuation, Modelling & Economics)
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
As a Strategy and Transactions professional, you will work with the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies, funds and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most complex cross-border deals and engagements in the global market.
You will help those clients make better and more informed decisions about how they strategically manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimize, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
Your key responsibilities
As an Associate, you will be a core member of the VME team advising on business plans, transactions, decision support, optimization and review of all types of business for a diverse range of clients. You will advise on the evaluation of all types of businesses, projects and securities, intangible assets and financial instruments. This could be for financial/tax reporting, mergers & acquisitions, advisory for capital transformation, investment and business growth plans. You will manage and deliver projects and work within a diverse and highly professional group of valuation and business modelling specialists.
Aside from that, you will:
- Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
- Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in Operational Studies & Research, Data Analytics, Econometric, Mathematics or other financial-related discipline
- A master degree or PhD in relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Do attach your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts when submitting your application.
- Shortlisted candidates can expect to perform a self-recorded video interview and an online assessment.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.