Head, Internal Controls & VMO
Get to know our Team
The Internal Controls and SOX team is a newly established team responsible for:
- Ensuring the Group’s compliance with SOX regulations, and internal control good practices
- Ensure effective and efficient financial policies, processes and controls in place
- Safeguarding of company assets through mitigating financial risks & exposures
- Continuous improvements on financial operation through implementing innovative solutions
Get to know the Role
We are looking for a Head of Internal Controls & Value Management Office (VMO) to lead the regional efforts to create, preserve, and realise value for the Group, via maintaining an effective internal control environment in the region. You will be expected to provide process and control advisory for new business launches, and regional initiatives. This position will work to foster standardization and consistency across business processes and internal controls among the Group with a focus on the South East Asia entities. He/ She will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment in a multi-cultural environment through reviewing entities’ implementation of internal processes, systems, policies and procedures, making recommendations to ensure business risks are minimized.
The day-to-day activities:
- Identify opportunities for internal controls improvement and standardization. Lead continuous improvement projects involving new policies, processes, systems or organizations.
- Partner with functional areas in projects and initiatives in building process maps, identifying and evaluating risks, and designing corresponding control activities to maintain a robust controls environment.
- Lead the process to create, update, standardize and improve documentation of business processes and internal controls.
- Collaborate with the Grab SOX team to conduct training and education to ensure consistency with internal standards for SOX 404 documentation, to improve awareness of internal control considerations and to build knowledge of control objectives for each part of the business.
- Ensure remediation of control gaps including corrective action plans for any findings that arise from SOX assessments and internal / external audits.
- Identify and communicate risk areas to relevant stakeholders and obtain alignment on a remediation plan on a timely basis.
- Maintain on-going communication with external auditors including audit requests, and controls evaluation.
- Partner with stakeholders, maintain and “gate keep” key Finance policies.
- Support the Regional Head of Internal Controls, SOX and Process of Excellence on the preparation of internal / external reports, presentations and board papers.
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA)
- 15 years of audit and risk advisory (including Sarbanes-Oxley) experience, in the Technology industry,
- Excellent command of English
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen
- Ability to think on your feet and work independently in a start-up environment.
Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Leadership skills, with strong confidence for interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards such as COSO, and has strong relationships with private sector counterparts.
- Risk advisory skills (internal controls over financial reporting)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing teams.
- Qualification in Accounting, Internal Auditing.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques.
- Significant and diverse professional / internal audit experience, including International exposure (US & APAC)
- Strong communication, influencing skills and reporting writing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to provide direction to the team and the organization to ensure successful implementation of ICOFR policies and procedures
- Identify issues, determine root cause and recommend accurate and actionable solutions to improve controls and manage risk to the company’s risk appetite.
- Possess sound judgement with critical thinking skills and demonstrated in applying effective problem-solving techniques, thinking ahead to manage issues effectively.
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process with strong analytical ability