Financial Controller, GrabAds
Get to know our Team:
GrabAds allows Advertisers, Agencies, and Merchants to engage the Grab Audience via innovative online and offline advertising experiences. Through our unique ecosystem and transacting user base, our clients are able to reach their desired audiences at scale, while driving measurable business outcomes.
We would like You to join our journey to create value for our users, drivers, merchants, and advertising partners, while continuing to make everyday lives better across Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Role:
The Controller will be responsible for the ultimate accuracy, auditability, and timeliness of the GrabAds financial statements. To achieve this, the Controller will have to effectively collaborate upstream and downstream across Grab’s Finance, Business, and Technology teams to teach and implement B2B best practices, including defining brand new processes to support our developing products and business models. As the company moves from Pre IPO to a Public, the controller will have experience with and be responsible for the continuous development of our processes to meet SOX compliance and other financial regulatory requirements.
The day-to-day activities:
- Manage and continuously improve the month end financial close process between regional and country teams
- Guide and control Grab business and product teams to meet SOX and other regulatory compliance in our systems and processes
- Design and Implement scalable control processes to get business and product teams Audit ready
- Manage regional and country level financial audit process
- Collaborate across Grab on new product launches, business models, and general innovation areas to ensure financial recognition rules are met and scalable financial support processes are implemented
- Implement and manage Accounts Receivable, Bad Debt, and Credit processes across customer segments
- Strong Business Partnership with FP&A to align and report on regular and ad hoc financial reporting
- Work with finance, legal teams, and business teams to build and account for intercompany agreements and tax policies
The must haves:
- 10-15 years of Pre and Post IPO Controllership experience, preferably in Southeast Asia
- Experience working in B2B organizations, preferably in media or marketing services
- Experience with these or similar tools: Salesforce, PowerBI, Tableau, Oracle
- Ability to influence and align cross functional teams on new or changing processes
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to transmit across different level stakeholders in different countries
- Analytical with strong bias for data based decisions
- Team Player with the ability to work across a matrix environment in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks