- 12 Month Government Contract
- To $70 per hour + Super
- CBD Based Office
Our client is a government department who are seeking a Finance Analyst to join their team in the CBD.
The role will support the Business Partner team in delivering the strategic finance oversight of a business division. It will provide an interface between the business operations and central finance teams to provide relevant financial advice that enables senior staff to make decisions.
1. Provide support in delivering strategic, tactical and operational financial advice to Divisional executives to achieve their organisational goals, ensuring they meet the required standards of probity, equity and best practise in public administration.
2. Assist, and provide analysis, in the preparation of high quality, timely financial reporting for the assigned Division to meet the organisational needs.
3. Develop ground up budgets for the assigned Divisions, working with the Business Partner Director and Divisional executives to ensure the budgets reflect the businesses plans and remain within their budgetary allocation.
4. Engage with key stakeholders to provide coaching and technical advice around financial controls and actions related to budget variances, and provide recommendations regarding the structure of financial delegations and the impacts of changes in Government accounting policy or other financial issues which impact the business.
5. Identify and report pressures on Divisional budgets, work with the Divisions in consideration and implementation of mitigation strategies to reduce the impact.
• Provide financial analysis and advice regarding the impacts arising from Divisional initiatives, including assistance with costing and consideration as to the sources of funding.
On offer is a 12-month contract at a highly sought after government department, with a highly competitive hourly rate.
To send your CV for review, please use the APPLY button below.