IFDS Transfer Agent Dealing, Associate 2
Grow your career at IFDS
IFDS is a joint venture between affiliates of Boston-based State Street Corporation, the world’s leading provider of services to institutional investors, and DST Systems Inc., a Kansas City, Missouri-based leading provider of shareholder accounting services and proprietary systems. Both organizations have over 40 years’ experience and joint venture track record via our sister company in the US, Boston Financial Data Services (BFDS). Together we form part of the world’s largest investor record-keeping / transfer agency services provider.
In the role of Dealing Services - you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrate logical, analytical, critical and process thinking to identify, analyze and evaluate complex problems / issues.
- Initiate problem recovery, correction strategies, procedural and process enhancements; takes concrete steps to prevent and to reduce error reoccurrences in the future.
- Display ability to assist, to develop and to propose the related creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Recognize the importance of accuracy and high standards of quality during monitoring and execution dealing tasks
- Strongly adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and pro-actively react when foreseeing issues; ensure that procedural/ system changes are updated into the team procedures.
- Ensure team members adhere to existing procedures and controls in place and are fully comfortable with them to ensure timely and accurate completion of all the assigned and delegated tasks and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the quality of service provided to each client is in line with the expectation set in the Operating Memorandum.
- Participate actively in new fund launch, conversion, system changes - e.g. review documentation, co-ordinate risk and legal issues resolution, act and monitor on associated set-up/testing requirements for the dealing team.
- Respond to enquiries from different counterparties (e.g. internal departments, client enquiries …). Ensures that all enquiries are followed and resolved accurately in a timely manner.
- Provide constantly cross training and ensure knowledge sharing within the team to enable a full functional coverage within dealing department at all time. Always validate team knowledge on training provided.
- Provide support and oversight on outsourced services.
- Ensure that all provided system accesses are fully functional at all time.
- Know how to navigate and work through all the different applications used / available for work within Dealing.
- Assist in coordinating coverage for holidays and vacation of the staff members.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Audit, Dealing or Settlement Reconciliation experiences
- Proficiency in English
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.
- A thorough and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrable experience of working accurately and with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of the fund administration process.
As part of State Street pre-hire background screening process, we apply a risk-based approach to determine the requirement of carrying out such checks on candidates, including criminal record checks. This role is judged to be sufficiently sensitive to warrant carrying out a criminal record check. By applying for this job you are consenting to State Street completing background checks including criminal record checks
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.