Clients & Markets - Commercial Specialist - Senior Manager - Dubai, UAE
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & SummaryPwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 155 countries with more than 284,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 6,500 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Internal Firm Services (IFS), is a network of specialist support professionals and includes Business Development, marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up and leading a new function within the Pursuit function in Clients & Markets to drive commercial excellence across strategically important or complex (5M$+) opportunities. A key part of this role will also involve more broadly instilling commercial excellence across our business.
- The role requires you to be at the forefront of our most important opportunities and working with our Partners and Leadership to develop a smart and competitive commercial and pricing approach potentially leveraging alternative pricing models), including a fee construct which positions us as the winning firm. You will also be responsible for providing technical input to commercial awareness and education programmes and the development of commercial collateral for LoS to support enhanced commerciality efforts.
- The role may also require you to support the Global Relationship Partners (GRPs) and Account Drivers in the negotiation of relevant MSA contracts on our Priority Accounts.
- You will act as a champion and subject matter expert on pricing models, in particular alternative pricing models including contingent or outcome based pricing.
- You will work with colleagues from across the Middle East firm (and Global where there are cross-network opportunities) and across all lines of service. You will be encouraged to work with pricing specialists from across the PwC Network to leverage best practice and share knowledge.
- You will be part of the broader pursuit team and will be encouraged to upskill and develop Proposal and Bid Managers who sit within the lines of service as appropriate
- Commercial excellence and driving better pricing decisions are integral parts of the Firm’s strategy and you will be part of an exciting transformation in this area as we put more focus on enhanced commerciality efforts. You will be contributing to securing the firm’s most important and high profile opportunities across a range of sectors.
- The candidate will be a highly motivated and a high performing individual with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will work independently to design and build this function and work in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Years of experience: 10-12 years, preferably within a professional services environment
- You will be required to possess strong commercial acumen as the role involves developing commercial and pricing strategies on our most important and often complex opportunities. A key part of the role will be understanding the commercial context, market positioning, PwC value differentiation and relationship with the client to work with the GRPs and Partners to develop a winning commercial approach.
- This role requires the candidate to provide practical support on pursuits. You will need to be financially savvy, comfortable with numbers and with an eye for detail. Experience of budgeting, pricing and commercials will be a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of the bid/proposal management process within large organisations will be an advantage
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload, work with senior stakeholders and perform under pressure
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?Yes
Government Clearance Required?No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.