FAIR Release Manager - Associate
Corporate Finance: Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting – Release Manager – Associate
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting (FAIR) organization is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm’s books and records, while providing reporting to both internal and external clients.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business to ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The Firmwide Finance Business Architecture (FFBA) team is responsible for the Global Finance organization Data Acquisition & Consumption (including Credit Risk & Treasury), Financial & Management Reporting, and General Ledger (GL) Target Platform Strategies. The team has established a consolidated framework that creates opportunities for broad-scale communication, streamlined governance, and increased oversight.
A key objective of the Business Architect Team is to manage the delivery of large scale infrastructure programs and business process change management events to ensure accurate, complete and consistent data is readily available for both internal financial reporting and external regulatory reporting purposes, consumed by both LOB stakeholders and corporate groups.
One of the top priorities across Global Finance, Credit Risk and Liquidity is to evolve the organization to a more integrated data and reporting strategy – one that is globally consistent and usable for business, finance, risk and regulatory requirements.
As a member of the Business Architecture Project Implementation team, you will work closely with Line of Business stakeholders, data Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Consumers and technology teams across Finance, Credit Risk & Treasury and the various Program Management teams.
The Release Management team is responsible for partnering with Risk & Finance business, Business Architecture, and several Feature technology teams to drive the vision of the Finance and Risk Roadmap and to help execute on strategic initiatives across the organization, including the Finance and Risk Consumption Strategy.
Release Management Team:
As a member of the Release Management team, you will partner with the Risk and Finance Technology team and the various Program Management teams to drive the Finance vision of the Finance and Risk Roadmap to fruition. Specific focus will be on the Coordination of testing and corresponding sign off across all Finance Risk Warehouse Consumers, Technology partners & Lines of Business, Testing Environment Preparation, Demand Management and Overall Firm-wide Finance Project and Consumption Reporting.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of Decks to ensure proper tracking and reporting of projects
- Work closely with the Business Architecture team to manage scope, retrieve consumer impact assessment, and acquire corresponding sign off.
- Manage consumption timelines across all Consumers of the Finance Risk Warehouse.
- Attend grooming calls to understand project requirements, and assist in answering consumer and/or LOB questions in the absence of the Business Architecture team
- Coordination of Regression testing and User Acceptance Testing Environment Set up.
- Escalation of Issues encountered by all stakeholders, during all cycles of the Release.
- Produce metrics to provide regular updates to Senior Management
- Experience with understanding and testing large quantities of data across multiple products
- Product Knowledge (Loans, commitments, Deposits and Cash ) a Plus
- Ability to effectively manage relationships across global, diverse Finance, Risk, Technology and Operations and relevant “SME” populations
- 3-6 years Finance experience
- Strong Project/program management - proven ability to frame projects, establish required governance, and work across all constituencies in the business and Technology to successfully implement programs/projects.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal executive-level communication skills
- Advanced Desktop skills including excel and PowerPoint
- JIRA experience preferred
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management Preferred
- Soft Skills
- Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute the agreed plans
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.