Accounting Senior Analyst
Senior Accounting Analyst
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as a Senior Analyst on our Accounting team in Bayan Lepas, Penang to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Accounting Analyst, you will resolve financial support issues and inquiries from both internal and external customers and work with relevant business partners to confirm company policies are adhered to and financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining specific aspects of the accounting systems including the preparation of financial statements and leadership reports. Preparation, review and the analysis of the profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements.
- Provides record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Assists in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report inventory, including inventory valuation, in accordance with the company inventoryaccounting policy. Completes all required month-end close activities including reconciliations, analysis and leadership reporting. Creates and reviews journal entries and supporting documentation to ensure accurate reporting in line with Corporate Policy.
- Determines, and updates as necessary, proper cost center requirements and rollup structures, and coordinates update requirements with the finance control group within determined deadlines. Preparation and/or review of monthly account reconciliations. Assists internal and/or external audit process as required. Ensures both the internal and external financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Works with relevant business partners to ensure adherence to company policies and the necessary Accounting treatment. Researches and recommends system improvements to increase department efficiency and accuracy
- Advises and consults on financial and/or accounting issues involving business activities for a business unit to ensure proper compliance with laws and GAAP. Ensures that the internal accounting reporting requirements of the company are met
- Perform review, check and testing fornew projects
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 2to 5 years of related experience in a similar position
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business or equivalent
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Basic knowledge of systems and automation tools (including Excel and Access, etc)
Possess professional qualification like ACCA
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 Jul 2021.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.