Corporate Actions, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
A candidate with minimum 6+ years of financial operations experience and proven managerial background to lead a global team that handles end-to-end corporate action events. Role will focus on research, response processing, settlement of entitlements, and management of staff across the globe. Individual must be able to handle pressure and strive in a time sensitive environment.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Assistant Vice President of Corporate Actions you will:
- Collect data, process and reconcile mandatory and voluntary events
- Create and disseminate notifications for voluntary offers and coordinate response collection
- Lead the daily processing of corporate action events for PIMCO holdings across global markets
- Establish and maintain strong working relations with global team members, custodians, agents, and our clients
- Research and resolve reconciliation items, either cash or stock, relating to corporate actions processing.
- Remain current on market trends and industry issues/regulations related to corporate actions.
- Suggest, document, and carry out process improvements and automation projects.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Exhibit strong reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Display leadership abilities by clearly defining expectations of direct reports are providing the tools for them to strive in their daily responsibilities.
- Ability to lead and be a team player, but also be self-sufficient as an independent worker.
- Organization in order to handle events and holdings with very large volumes.
- Sensitivity to every process and detail. Due to size of holdings, one error could result in a claim in the millions of dollars.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 6+Years of financial operations experience and proven managerial background.
- Experience in managing short term projects relating to automation and/or system upgrades preferred.
- Knowledge of SWIFT messaging desired.
- Strong proficiency in Excel required.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.