General Ledger Program Management Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The Financial Accounting Infrastructure & Reporting (FAIR) team is responsible for the Global Finance Data Sourcing, Consumption, MIS and General Ledger (GL) Platform Strategies. The team has established a consolidated framework that creates opportunities for broad-scale communication, streamlined governance, and increased oversight. They continue to work closely with finance technology partners and line of business (LOB) clients to design, build, test, and implement major system platforms as part of the Finance and Risk Roadmap initiative.
The GL Platform Business Analyst will support multiple projects/ workstreams to deploy the latest integrated, cloud-ready version of SAP, called S4 Hana, partnering to define and deliver the deployment and conversion approach onto a common platform with shared data. The role will also support various business driven initiatives impacting the GL platform. The business analyst will need to possess or quickly acquire a good understanding of the finance platform and its associated technology.
Primary responsibilities include:
The key responsibility of the role is support multiple projects/ workstreams within the GL Finance Target Platform Program.
This will include:
- Organizing, scheduling, coordinating, and controlling project activities and resources.
- Identification of issues and risks including defining a mitigation strategy plus communication or escalation as required.
- Ensure operational readiness through both rigorous testing and implementation management.
- Support operating model impact assessments and documentation of changes, and drive the implementation communication
- Identifying issues and risks and developing effective risk management approaches and solutions and working with appropriate members of the team or stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Drive components of the GL Platform based initiatives, coordinating across technology and the businesses
- Define and execute project deliverables, including business requirements
- Perform Op Model impact assessments and documentation of changes, and drive the implementation communication
- Identify project risks and issues, escalating issues and roadblocks to managers and stakeholders as needed
- Create project scorecards, providing senior management updates
- 1-3+ years of related professional experience as a Project Manager and / or Business Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Experience with project delivery discipline, Agile discipline a plus
- Strong critical and creative thinking skills with ability to synthesize complex data sets to develop business insights and translate to practical solutions
- Strong partnership skills; experience working with and influencing key stakeholders in drive strategic decisions and preparing succinct presentations
- Ability to perform in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated, and delivery-focused individual who is able to work independently
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.