Enterprise Market Data, Junior Category Manager
Under general direction from the Enterprise Market Data Team (but works independently most of the time) responsible for managing Enterprise Market Data sourcing engagements and projects.
Supports the sourcing managers on sourcing engagements through bid analysis, negotiations, recommendations and implementation. Conducts enterprise spend analysis on source able spend and makes recommendations to sourcing strategies specific to the Market Data Category.
Reviews the category manager(s) book of business in order review spend to evaluate cost savings opportunities. Helps lead the collection and analysis of data and communicate to the Sourcing Managers.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing Managers and leadership to execute procurement strategies.
- Assist Sourcing Managers in contract review, drafting and creation of various agreements such as NDAs, Master Agreements, Schedules, Statements of Work, etc.
- Aide in contract administrative duties in the contract database (FITS) such as proper contract hierarchy, gathering counter signed agreements and reviewing contracts to ensure proper data quality at all times
- Proactively manages contract renewals and establishes strategic agreements in order to achieve cost savings targets.
- Interacts with Sourcing Managers and internal stakeholders to formulate and implement solutions to create new services, existing services or improve processes.
- Review spend categories to understand the global spend to help drive efficiencies and savings
- Execute special projects in support of broader Enterprise Market Data Sourcing goals. Sets and maintains project schedules, monitors project(s) and adjusts schedules or tasks as needed.
- Utilize FITS (Financial Information Tracking Systems) database to track all contracts, users, market data products and services.
- Work with the Enterprise Market Data Finance, Access Compliance teams to support invoice processing, reconciliation and order processing to ensure billing accuracy.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or related business school equivalent.
- 6 – 24 months of contracting and procurement experience, financial services industry a plus
- Ability to define problems, analyze data and outline valid conclusions and action steps
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with a variety of constituent groups (internal and external)
- Ability to effectively time-manage self and departments, manage expectations to both senior management and stakeholders. Able to manage several projects, with varying timelines and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Must be willing to develop strong presentation and executive communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.