Finance Associate - Indirect Taxes
As a Finance Associate you will be responsible for the preparation of Indirect Tax & Statistical returns and other indirect tax compliance within the Primark Tax team. This opportunity is based in our Global Head Office in Dublin City Centre.
What the role involves?
- Responsible for timely preparation of Indirect Tax and Statistical returns across all countries
- Liaising with external advisors to ensure timely and accurate completion of all obligations
- Ensuring all VAT payments/(refunds) are paid/(received) in a timely manner
- Ensuring all VAT/Sales tax is posted to the accounts at period end, that it is accurate and in line with expectations (including reconciliation of VAT return payments/receivables to the General Ledger)
- Assisting with internal/external audit queries
- Keeping up to date with legislative developments on indirect taxes in your countries
- Working with the tax team to identify opportunities for improved or more efficient tax compliance processes and implementing same
- Ensuring all proper books and records are held for tax purposes in all jurisdictions and are in accordance with local tax requirements
- Any additional ad hoc requirements to support the wider tax teams
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- An interest in, or be already working towards, an Accounting or Tax qualification (ACCA, ACA, tax technician, CTA or equivalent)
- A flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable experience with strong financial and analytical skills
- Experience working in tax environment, specifically a VAT compliance environment
- Strong planning and organisation skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- European language skills would be an advantage
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.