Finance Assistant/Data Analyst
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a driven and motivated Finance Assistant/Site Support Officer to join our team to work in Birmingham.
Carry out financial and administrative processes which underpin the provision of timely and accurate management within the project in accordance with the Balfour Beatty Vinci (BBV) way.
The successful candidate will be based at our CORE Office in Coleshill. Please note due to the location of our office, you will need to have access to a vehicle.
What you'll be doing
- Carry out administrative processes to a high standard with attention to detail relating to cost control
- Work closely alongside other members of the finance team, to guide overall delivery of the project
- Input GRN / Plant timesheet & on/off hires into R12 and ensure all documents are signed by an authorised person prior to input.
- Match invoices to relevant accruals as and when required
- Management, recording and resolution of invoice queries in a timely manner reporting
- Process and administer labour hours for payroll purposes and internal reporting requirements
- Ensure the hours are reconciled with clocking information and allocation detail.
- Produce reports and inform relevant parties of plant and labour costs
- Administration, housekeeping and reporting of Timesheet Portal
Who we're looking for
- Knowledge of accounting routines is essential
- Construction/construction related accounting experience is desirable
- Good attention to detail, a disciplined and organised approach to work and the ability to handle and work with complex data
- Good Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel
- Experience of Oracle is desirable
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.