SSC Senior Associate - Outsourcing
SSC BSO Support Senior Associate
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Shared Service Centre team (SSC) provides essential support to a number of teams across our firm. As well as assisting on large-scale operations, beyond the capacity of a core specialist team, they provide the unparalleled expertise we need to keep moving forward. As part of this friendly department, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and develop your skillset. There’s real opportunity, making it a great chance to use industry knowledge and experience to solve problems in your next career step, or it can be a place to learn if you’re just starting out. If you want to work on important projects and explore your potential, we’ll give you the friendly, supportive working environment to go far.
We’ll help you succeed
The firm is looking to recruit a SSC (Shared Service Centre) Senior Associate to join the BSO (Business Services & Outsourcing) Support team. This team is one of several Hubs within BDO’s rapidly growing SSC. SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm. However this position will mean that you will also be heavily involved with client facing responsibilities too.
SSC BSO Support Senior Associates role is to supervise the team’s delivery of services. It is an excellent opportunity to gain further experience in a supervisory role in a large firm.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
- Client face and both liaise with clients and our regional client teams
- Support regional client facing outsourcing teams with advanced bookkeeping, accounts payable and ad-hoc processes and review and management of these processes. Be confident in providing this support
- Support regional client facing outsourcing teams with review and management of management accounts and VAT return preparation and other ad-hoc work. Be confident in providing this support
- Support, coach, train and mentor junior members of the team and act as a point of escalation for quality and performance
- Drive forward standardising process and process efficiencies
- Act as main point of contact with client and client teams, responding timely to requests, resolving issues and building strong working relationships
- Manage team work load is managed efficiently and effectively and delivery of workload is timely and at a high level of quality, ensuring clients are provided with excellent service
- Manage people performance; conduct monthly performance reviews, annual performance appraisals, performance management plans and assist with objective setting
- Manage, train and support team leads across an area. Support Hub manager with monitoring attrition levels, sickness and absence and to develop and embed alleviation plans.
- Measure utilisation and productivity
- Ensure SLAs and KPIs are in place so deadlines can be monitored and quality of work can be measured
- Produce monthly management information to report to manager
- Work with Microsoft excel and various desktop and cloud accounting packages
- Provide support and assistance to other teams during busy periods if primary commitments allow you to do so and seek to be involved in other projects outside your primary role when opportunities arise
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- One of the following qualifications; ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Experience in a similar role and experience with people and performance management
- Good stakeholder management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience with managing a team; Measuring utilisation, productivity and quality within team and reporting on this
- Experience in using desktop and/or cloud accounting packages
- Specifically Sun, SAP Business1, AIQ, Netsuite, etc
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft packages
- Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise/complete tasks
- Ability to work well in a team environment, use own initiative and take a flexible approach
- No professional training contract is provided with this role. However ongoing training is provided to meet role specific needs
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them? Apply!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.