Dawlance is a manufacturer and distributor of durable household appliances. It was acquired 100% by Turkey based white goods manufacturer “Arçelik A.S” in November 2016. Dawlance has a vast network of dealers across Pakistan which sell different products including Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, Microwaves, Washing machines, Dish Washers, Hoods & Hobs and other Small Domestic Appliances under the brand name “Dawlance”.
Arçelik A.S., Turkey's leading household appliance manufacturer, is engaged in the production and marketing of consumer durable goods, consumer electronics, small home appliances and kitchen accessories as well as in the provision of after-sales services. With 22 factories in 8 countries (Turkey, Romania, Russia, South Africa, Thailand, Pakistan, India and Bangladesh), marketing & sales organizations in 34 countries and 32,000 employees, Arçelik provides goods and services in more than 145 countries.
We are looking for ACCA Affiliate or Finalist Interns to join our team of Finance Professionals. They are planned to be rotated during their 3-year internship within the following areas
- Statutory Reporting and General Ledger maintenance
- Treasury, Trade and Banking
- Receivable and Payable functions
- Taxation (Sales and Income Tax)
- Management Reporting
Statutory Reporting and General Ledger maintenance
- Provide timely and accurate financial results to top management for consolidation and decision making.
- Prepare all the supporting information in respect of monthly reporting
- Calculate the accruals at each month end
- Compute provision under IFRS 9 on quarterly basis
- Prepare department wise OPEX analysis on monthly basis
- Prepare and manage the statutory returns under relevant provision of Companies Act
Treasury, Trade and Banking
- Assist in Group Treasury reporting and internal audit.
- Applying Purchase invoices in the system.
- Check and monitor prepayments pending in the system.
- Recording of Import and local payments ( LCs, Advance, Contract and T.T)
- Recording bank and import charges / commission details and analysis.
- Assist in Stock in transit BL monthly reversals in the system.
- Any other task assigned by the manager
Receivable and Payable functions
- Record the invoices of material and services after considering the impact applicable taxes
- Ensure timely payment to suppliers
- Prepare and monitor creditors’ ageing and advances to suppliers
- Prepare and monitor receivables’ ageing and advances from customers
Taxation (Sales and Income Tax)
- Prepare and manage the records under relevant provision of tax laws
- Submission of Monthly, Quarterly and annual tax returns as per timeline stipulated in relevant provision of laws to mitigate the risk of penalties
- Collecting and preparing the information required under all tax audits and ensure timely compliance of tax notices to defend optimal declared tax positions
- Partnering with head office finance team and internal departments, responding to their queries, assisting them with their data requirements and ensuring accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluating financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts, performing detailed variance analysis, identifying trends, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Liaising with internal departments for development of company budget, running forecasts, monthly profit and loss simulations and long & short-term financial plans.
- Developing financial models/feasibilities based on different scenarios for management use, that correctly predict possible future financial outcomes
- Assistance in preparation of frequent business review presentations
- Monitoring unit cost variance
- Implementing cost standards for materials and labor
- Preparing cost of goods sold and production reports
- Reconciling beginning raw materials, work-in-progress and finished-goods stock
- Preparing inventory-related journal entries at month end
- Defining various product and operational costs
We aim to make the successful candidates’ training tenure with us a very enriching experience and expect that at the end of their internship the individuals would be well on their way to becoming a knowledgeable and well-rounded Finance Professional.
The positions are all located at our Head Office based in Civil Lines in Karachi. Costing and Taxation roles are based at our Factory,so the individual will also get an opportunity to get exposed to a factory environment.
Minimum ACCA Finalist
Prior Internship experience preferred
- Team Player
- Excellent Oral & Written Communication
- Able to work effectively in Stressful conditions
- Takes Initiative
Please send your CVs at firstname.lastname@example.org by clearly mentioning “ACCA Intern” in the subject line.