Senior Consultant, Risk & Compliance - London
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities
Our team has a reputation for its expertise and focus on quality. We add tangible value to our clients’ businesses, particularly in the areas of risk, capital, finance and regulatory change. Our blend of skills and collaborative approach to projects has resulted in a truly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team. This is an exciting time to be joining Crowe Risk Consulting in the UK.
Purpose of this role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join our growing firm as a Senior Consultant.
The role would suit someone who has a background and/or wants to pursue a career in management consulting, has the intellect and desire to learn new things, is willing to challenge themselves and can be adaptable across different projects and situations.
We are looking for an individual who has built a basis of skill and knowledge across one or more of the areas in which we specialise as noted below with the view to expand their knowledge base across others:
- Governance and risk management;
- Programme and change management;
- Data analytics;
- Operational resilience;
- Cyber Security;
- Regulatory and Compliance.
The role will be based in our office in central London and potentially on client sites, which could be anywhere in the UK. The role is initially for six months with the opportunity for you and an expectation from Crowe to then make the position permanent, based on your performance.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in financial services.
- Degree or equivalent level qualifications.
- Specific professional body certificate(s) (completed or working towards preferred).
- Experience / Knowledge across one or more of the following areas: governance and risk management; programme and change management; data analytics; cyber security; operational resilience & regulatory and compliance.
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred but not essential.
- A good understanding of the regulatory environment across Financial Services.
- A positive attitude and desire to learn, develop and grow as an individual with a willingness to work across the products/solutions that we offer.
- Self-starting, self-managing, flexible, with proven ability to multi-task where there are committed deadlines without direct supervision.
- To be proficient in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel and Word as a minimum.
- Comfortable presenting to small groups and has the ability to build relationships whilst working with clients at all levels – from senior management to front line staff.
- Sound communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple manner.
What you can expect from us
- Direct exposure to a dynamic consulting environment.
- Opportunity to work with a senior team of management consulting professionals and to learn from their experience.
- Assignment of a performance manager and a structured development programme.
- Investment of our time to give you the skills you need to succeed and to develop a career in management consulting.
- Hands-on experience of the financial services sector.
- Client engagement experience and development of consulting skills.
- Variety of experiences to help you to be able to shape your future career.
- Supportive working culture and team ethos.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.