Chief People Office - Corporate Sustainability Senior Manager - Dubai, UAE
Job Description & Summary
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has more than 6,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
We have an unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy, through Advisory and Consulting to Legal, Tax and Assurance Services, underpinned by the standout digital platform in the region.
One Firm : Transforming our region.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems.
In an increasingly complex world, we help intricate systems function, adapt and evolve so they can benefit communities and society – whether they are capital markets, tax systems or the economic systems within which business and society exist. We help our clients to make informed decisions and operate effectively within them.
Creating value through diversity. Be yourself. Be different.
At PwC, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people and society.
As part of our commitment to individuality we are pleased to hear from candidates from diverse backgrounds, with a mixture of skills, capabilities and experience from the below Job Description.
At PwC, Corporate Sustainability is core to our purpose and values. As part of our regional strategy, we have coined five key strategic priorities which are key to continue to build trust in society and solve important problems while ensuring continued responsible growth in the region.
In addition, our network level Net Zero commitment has added a lens of environmental stewardship that is not only limited to our business operations, but to our wider stakeholder network as well.
We are embarking on a journey towards creating more social and environmental impact than ever before. It is a great time to join the PwC Middle East network and be part of this sustainable change.
- Work closely with the Chief People Officer (CPO) to drive the firm’s Corporate Sustainability (CS) agenda in the Middle East (ME).
- Constantly review, update and develop the regional CS strategy and strategic priorities to remain true to the global and regional strategy, and to external market needs. Engage with key leadership stakeholders to ensure this is in line with their vision for the region.
- Create a network of external stakeholders to ensure alignment on shared agendas.
- Lead and project manage the end of year reporting and audit requirements that PwC ME has to comply with for the Global CR team. This involves setting up methodology for regular data collection for reporting, and coordinating with the internal audit team to drive both financial and non-financial audit for CS.
- Lead the regional network of champions and ensure that they are aligned with the regional CS narrative and are running projects that create impact.
- Ensure internal compliance of CS projects – ex.: work with the risk, quality and independence teams to assess viability of working with external stakeholders.
- Work with the regional communications team to ensure that our CS agenda is being shared internally and externally.
- Ensure external compliance of CS projects – ex.: work with our internal lawyers to keep track of regulatory changes in the region that impact our social impact and environmental initiatives.
- Stay up to date with PwC Global and EMEA CR requirements (reporting and otherwise) by attending network calls, and by communicating with the Global teams regularly.
- Ensure best practice sharing across the ME champions’ network by creating a platform where these can be shared. Use this platform for sharing PwC Global and EMEA updates with the regional network.
- Explore the scope of expanding and upscaling country initiatives across the region, where applicable.
- Represent PwC ME on all PwC Global and EMEA conferences and forums and share best practices and challenges with the wider group.
- Work with the regional Net Zero and ESG leaders to ensure alignment.
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, social impact studies, environmental sciences or other related fields. Masters preferred.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.