Internal Auditor - Corporates, Financial Services & Public Sectors
Due to a rapid expansion of client work we are recruiting within our Internal Audit Risk Assurance function this would include all Public sectors, Corporates, and Financial Services sectors. We are looking for strong candidates with current internal audit experience we are open to location around the United Kingdom.
About the company and department
This role gives a great opportunity to join the RSM internal audit team - the UK’s leading national provider of internal audit services. You will have the opportunity to work with our household name corporate sector clients and major national not for profit sector organisations.
To deliver leading edge internal audit services for all our clients we depend on the quality of our people. We choose them for their flair, commercial acumen and dynamic approach. Our people work as a cohesive team – with our clients and with each other – because they share our aims and commitment to provide quality business solutions and advice for every one of our clients.
About the job
Manage / Work in an Internal Audit & Controls team in conjunction with Partners/Directors/Senior Managers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of complex technical internal audit programmes, advisory projects, or controls assignments at clients’ sites in accordance with the Firm’s Standards.
Support Partner/Directors/Senior Managers in practice management and business development, including networking events, developing client relationships, and leading on proposals for new business.
About the ideal candidate
- Audit / Assurance qualification ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CMIIA etc
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- High standard of written and verbal communication
- Team Player
- Previous experience of working in internal audit. Gained the necessary experience within Internal Audit or controls projects and in advisory/consulting on risk & control, working within not for profit sector or corporate sectors.
- To have excellent technical knowledge of the internal audit process, control requirements such as SOX, individual subjects, and sector issues relevant to your work
- Ability to review and control technical content of work of others to ensure compliance with relevant regulation and Internal Audit Standards
- To provide support as required to team members
- To understand the range of additional services that the firm can provide to meet clients’ needs
- Identification and pro-active management of own training and development needs
- Effective use of IT including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, audit and accounting packages, Outlook.
- Maintains and promotes high professional standards of conduct and practice and demonstrates commitment to the Firm’s policies and standards.
- Anticipates the impact of key developments within the relevant client sectors to manage overall commercial risk.
- Applies knowledge of services, industry, markets, and core client base, promoting and co-ordinating additional services provided to clients and targets.
- The role will involve working at client sites, office working and home working
- The post holder will be expected to travel to more local client's sites in their own time
- Occasional overnight stays away from home will be necessary
- Access to a car and full Driving Licence required
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.