Senior Business Adviser - Business Services & Outsourcing - Ipswich
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
We are looking for a Senior Business Adviser to join our large and collaborative team in Ipswich. As a Senior Business Adviser you will be required to work closely with and support more senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of the project to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout the project.
In addition to accounting and tax capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge, able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face. You will also get involved in ad-hoc advisory work which may include supporting businesses transitioning to digital accounting packages.
The BSO Team are responsible for a variety of tasks and are so important to the firm because of the relationships we have with our clients. These can often lead to additional opportunities for the firm to support our clients in growing their businesses.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. In this role you’ll:
- Plan delivery of work on your own portfolio; plan bookings, brief juniors and monitor performance to ensure completion of job
- Complete first review of accounts and liaise with client to resolve queries before submitting to manager for review
- Be the day-to-day contact for your allocated portfolio, escalating issues to more senior members of the team where appropriate
- Review tax computations and returns for both partnerships and individuals as prepared by junior members of the team
- Ability to become a champion in specialist areas (eg software packages, VAT, medical) for your office
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
- Complete the client-take-on procedures for new clients, to include preparing engagement letters for manager and partner review
- Where appropriate, attend year-end client meetings with the Partner/Manager to present results and topical matters
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages (Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks) and Caseware
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA) or equivalent experience
- Solid accountancy experience required
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages including Xero, IRIS GP accounts and Quickbooks is desirable
- Previous experience of medical accounts and tax is preferable
- Experience of managing people and developing others
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.