Manager, Employment Tax - Midlands
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We have a vacancy for an Employment Corporate Tax Manager to work in our Midlands office tax team. This is a full-time permanent role with flexible working and progression opportunities.
You will work closely with the local tax partners and the national employment tax advisory group in delivering a range of employment tax work. You will work with a wide range of clients from owner-managed companies and quoted groups to local and national charities. You will be involved in compliance and ad hoc advisory work and business development initiatives, working with the team to generate new work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience. You will be expected to use your own initiative and work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, audit and corporate finance colleagues.
The role requirements
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification.
- Significant employment tax experience on a range of compliance and advisory projects.
- A passion for client service.
- Ideally a track record of developing new work.
Your technical skills
Ability to deliver general employment tax consultancy advice such as:
- Employer compliance reviews, Internal audit or Health check work.
- Status of workers.
- Due diligence work.
- Class 1A NIC and P11D reporting.
- Expenses and benefit tax treatment.
- Remuneration planning – previous exposure to bonus, share schemes and salary sacrifice planning is desirable.
- Construction Industry scheme.
- Assisting clients with the preparation of various statutory forms, including P11D’s, share scheme and employment related securities reporting.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to make improvements when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including corporate taxes, VAT, personal taxes and corporate finance support.
- Acting at all times with the Firm’s best interests in mind and with integrity.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the different types of risks faced by the client, including the management of reputational, operational and credit risk in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how the delivery of work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve clients.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adherence to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Delivering work to the highest quality.
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk matters.
- A commitment to your personal development, being willing to undertake the necessary training to fulfil the main duties and skill sets of the grade.
- Able to deal with change in a positive manner.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.