Join our expanding Citi Finance Team in Budapest and make your own progress in a supportive and friendly environment!
We are a people-oriented organization that appreciates and promotes personal and professional aspirations. Our corporate culture is empathic: we acknowledge life-work balance throughout your career path.
The Financial Controller will work as part of our Product Control team which is the largest department in Finance primarily responsible for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and trading activity for the Institutional Clients Group. We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a deep understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with reporting and analysing the daily P&L. Candidate will work closely with all other areas of the Finance department, liaising with the trading desk, risk management, operations and middle office.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the end-to-end Product Control process including
- product line revenue and balance sheet validation, analysis and reporting
- analysis of new trades, associated risks and the P&L generated
- understanding market moves on the existing portfolio of trade
- independent price verification, fair value hierarchy classification and valuation adjustments
- Support standardization efforts and work on improvement projects
- Use effective escalation to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner. Focus on recurring issues and drive through enhancement projects and systems fixes
- Support standardization efforts and also work on ad-hoc projects to implement process improvement ideas
- Develop an enquiring and questioning mind-set.
- Exploit a collaborative and motivating attitude to join forces with colleagues for excellent results
- Benefit from your organized personality, attention to details and independent working style
- Use your experience and knowledge to drive and contribute to outstanding team performance
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- 0-4 years' work experience
- University/College degree in Finance/Accounting is an advantage but not a must and we are open to other majors
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong PC skills in Excel, Word. Training will be provided on other in house and industry standard systems used in this position.
- We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of investment banking products.
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- Flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life - work balance
- Career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- Opportunity for participation in managerial development initiatives
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- A socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- A supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- Competitive compensation package
Your journey and flexible career at Citi begins here – apply now!