Financial Reporting & Accounting Advisory Manager
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
From advisory projects that add great value to international organisations (public sector) to technical accounting issues, new standard implementations and complex transaction support, the leaders of our practice will help you in expanding your experience base to further develop your career.
As a Financial Reporting and Accounting Advisory Manager (IPSAS/public sector), you'll assist in the delivery of quality services that exceed client expectations. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring staff, providing them with developmental feedback and career guidance.
As a Financial Reporting and Accounting Advisory Manager (IPSAS), you will oversee day-to-day operations of engagements. You’ll closely work with the team to tackle accounting and financial reporting issues, while using our cutting-edge tools and technology.
- Be a trusted advisor to international organisations (public sector) to assist with accounting and financial reporting matters;
- Assist international organisations (public sector) in preparing for and completing audits, and liaising with the auditors;
- Assist international organisations (public sector) with the accounting and reporting aspects of complex transactions, provide technical accounting advice, prepare detailed calculations and manage projects such as: financial instruments, revenue recognition and related costs, leases, capitalization of internal use software and website development costs;
- Strengthen client relationships and cultivate opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and a strategic approach to service delivery;
- Supervise, coach and mentor all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct.
Let’s talk about you
Are you a finance/accounting professional thriving on technical discussions and with a passion for coming up with innovative solutions? Do you enjoy developing and motivating others?
- 5-7 years of finance/accounting/audit or equivalent experience, including 2+ years relevant experience in the public sector;
- 2+ years of experience in managing and supervising teams;
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or related field;
- Strong and up-to-date technical knowledge of IFRS/IPSAS or other international accounting standards;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French or Dutch;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and willingness to travel;
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently on multiple engagements;
- Proven experience in managing client relationships;
- Good presentation skills and an ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly;
- Strong on-the-job training skills and a desire to teach;
- Good project and time management skills;
- Ability to manage and motivate teams with team members at all levels;
- Ability to read complex documents, synthesize and summarize important facts;
- Experience in researching and clearly documenting accounting issues and applicable accounting standards;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel;
- ACCA, ICAEW, CPA qualification or equivalent, or (interest in) actively working towards certification an asset;
- Knowledge of IT systems such as SAP an asset
Deloitte Audit & Assurance is about much more than just the numbers. It’s about attesting to accomplishments and challenges, and helping to assure strong foundations for future aspirations. Deloitte illuminates the what, how, and why of change so you’re always ready to act ahead. We do this by performing audits of financial figures and other data, reviewing the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, procedures, systems, and organizations as well as solving problems and offering expert insights. We provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients.
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
4.400 dedicated professionals, active in 11 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.