The ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years of post-qualification experience with a mixed portfolio of client and have experience of working in a similar sized accountancy firm including significant exposure to thorough audit coverage. You will be in client facing role and will be able to be able to lead a team across general accounts, tax and audit.
This is a fast growing National firm with over 20 offices across the UK that specialise in accounting, audit, tax and general business advice. An ambitious firm that have collectively embraced the new dynamic way of working in a hybrid capacity.
The group have specialist directors and can therefore confidently provide considerable technical support for continued personal and technical development from Manager to Director level and upwards.
- Review of accounts production, corporation, and personal tax returns
- Provide support and business advice to the clients
- Full Audit work, leading teams and reporting to partners
- Be the main point of contact for client liaison.
- Where appropriate and jointly with an overseas team, recommend financial actions by analysing accounting reports.
- Advise clients on areas of business development and improvement.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Detect and prevent money laundering.
- Be responsible to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Ensure overseas team is on schedule with invoice raising and client fee payment.
- Standardise and update client engagement letters.
- Weekly update by Skype, monthly meetings as required
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices and systems.
- Manage UK based accounting and admin staff as required.
- Keep technically up to date and maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops- reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist the Business Development Director to identify new business opportunities to acquire new clients.
- Meet prospective clients to discuss requirements, and create proposal (with assistance from Directors as required).
- Be fully ACA/ACCA qualified with 5+ relevant work experience within accountancy
- Client facing Position
- Handle your own client portfolio and delegate to juniors
- Be a Team leader
- Be ambitious
- Work to deadlines
- Commercially astute
- Dynamic and likes to work in a modern post-Covid-19 work environment
The successful Client Manager should have the desire to share the ambitious mind set of the and have aspirations to developing to a director position.