Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner
Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner / Hove / Finance / Accountancy
A growing Hove based consultancy are seeking a Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner on a permanent basis.
As Management Accountant/Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly, quarterly, half year and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term horizons
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff.
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- for project, department, or company.
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Provide financial statements for internal and external use
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review and reconcile all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions
- Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials
- In addition will be responsible for: Monthly journals, Balance Sheet reconciliations, Cash flow, Preparation of year end and statutory accounts, audit preparation and ad-hoc reports and investigation of financial queries.
- Knowledge of accounting terms and concepts
- Understanding of finance regulations and legislation
- Knowledge of business strategy and methodology
- Analytical skills, Critical thinking skills, Organisational skills, Strong attention to detail
- Strategic thinking
- Bachelor's degree required or relevant experience
- AAT, PQ ACCA or CIMA & QBE
- Master's degree in Corporate Finance or Business Administration with a speciality in Finance preferred
- Office based in Hove
£35-40,000 plus benefits