Audit Senior Manager
My client is on the lookout for an experienced Senior Audit Manager with exposure to a medium/mid tier size audit portfolio with exposure to a varied industry background.
You will have experience of IFRS as well as UK GAAP, managing and training teams to maximise potential.
A vibrant and very welcoming, medium sized professional services firm in London's West End. A reliable and very reputable accountancy firm to continue your career.
Striving to help their clients reach their individual goals across international entities, owner-managed businesses and listed companies, this firm have a broad spectrum of client sectors to grow your knowledge and expertise.
Making the day job a fun, (yet challenging) place to be, staff events are high on the agenda and team bonding has a big part to play which is why they finish early on a Friday to allow the team to do just that! Switch off and enjoy some well deserved non-work time.
- Work with partners to generate new business opportunities, attend new client pitches and business meetings
- Carry out special client project work
- Manage your own client portfolio and team
- Handle any complex client problems and support team members with basic client matters
- Allocate and highlight any project delivery issues to partners, and suggests new approaches to resolve issues
- Manage team WIP, billing and fee-recovery to achieve targets
- Reviewing monthly billings and assist partners in achieving targets and objectives
- Line manage your team through adequate briefings, monitoring and supervision. Be approachable and offer technical guidance at all team levels
- Ensure good relationships with both internal and external clients, to ensure retention and development of new business opportunities
- Manage the expectations of partners and other key staff across the practice to ensure work and projects are completed within reasonable and realistic timeframes that satisfy the client, the partner and take into consideration the workload of the team or those concerned
- Ensure assignment is completed and fully compliant with up to date technical standards
- Allocate workload to your team appropriately providing clear instructions and deadlines for each assignment and task
- Be your clients main point of contact and communicate regarding timeframes and deadlines. Keep the partner in charge up to date with progression of projects
- Carry out a detailed review of the assignment to ensure accuracy
- Attend finalisation meetings with partners and clients
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and fulfil the professional bodies' CPD requirements
The sucessful Senior Audit Manager will be/have:
- Be Fully ACCA/ACA qualified
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced technical ability
- Be commercially aware, and have a thorough understanding of policies and procedures
- Offer on the job training and technical application to your team
- Work inline with internal firm policies and procedures
- maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Minimum of 6 years' post-qualification experience in a highly focused Audit role (80%+)
- Caseware experience and excellent IT skills
- Confidence in managing the expectations of clients and staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
After successful completion of the probationary period, a wide range of benefits open up for employees.
- Private medical insurance cover
- cashback scheme for medical expense
- Mental health support
- Private yoga classes
- Early finishes on a Friday
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Company discounts at a range of local retail businesses