Accountant - Entry-Level
How to Apply
You must apply at https://bit.ly/3BQNc6o by August 4, 2021 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with nearly 200 reviews.
We're looking for an accountant to join the Financial Management team in our Raleigh headquarters.
In this role, you will
- Resolve payroll, longevity, time entry and quota balance problems, including consulting with colleagues in Best Shared Services, IT, Human Resources, Retirement System, field personnel, and employees across the State.
- Monitor and facilitate Time, Payroll, and Personnel documents in dual SAP systems (DOT and BEACON).
- Serve as the point of contact for all employee payroll questions and be a liaison with BEACON for HR/Payroll information.
- Create and manage action reports along with processing and revisions of retirement applications and temporary higher pay calculations.
- Ensure proper posting of payroll and payroll-related payments to General Ledger accounts.
- Reconcile OSC pay period reports for bi-weekly payroll finalization.
- Resolve errors reported by BEST daily.
What You Bring
- Strong math and SAP system experience to solve complex issues in all areas of Human Resources, Payroll and time entry.
- General accounting principles, processes, and procedures experience.
- Experience reviewing work of others and implementing financial policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience creating reports in an accounting software program.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving accounting-related issues through effective communication.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting; or
- Bachelors degree in business administration, finance, public administration, or a related discipline, and
- 18 semester hours of accounting; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Matt Daughtrey at (919) 707-4287.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs