The Budgeting Team is part of the larger FP&A group and is a highly visible strategic finance team that works collaboratively with Legal & Compliance, Global Strategic Services, Internal Audit, and other departments across the firm to communicate financial results to internal and external stakeholders. This dynamic role embodies and demonstrates the Franklin Templeton values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity.
The Financial Analyst participates as a team member in the preparation, development, coordination, and communication of budgets, forecasts, financial reporting, variance analysis, research and related activities. You will be a contributor to managing, coordinating, and communicating monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results. You will partner with other Finance teams on solving problems and developing solutions to achieve results. We also work on special projects throughout the year as needed.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Financial Analyst?
- Support the annual planning and monthly forecast processes and ensure understanding and alignment across the broader business teams
- Regular interaction with leadership to communicate financial performance and assist with making recommendations to improve processes
- Assist in preparing financial models and perform ad-hoc analyses and presentations to support decision-making by stakeholders
- Provide a blend of financial reporting, variance and trend analysis for multiple business units, forecasting, and development of KPI’s and metrics
- Improve workflows for various FP&A activities through process improvement/automation
- Participate in the development of Power Bi reporting and analytics
- Contribute to team goals, communicate recommendations, and foster innovation and creativity for process improvements to our financial processes and procedures
- Participate and complete special projects as needed
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
A successful Financial Analyst in this role is highly motivated, pro-active, detail focused, an exceptional communicator and driven to produce accurate results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Corporate setting
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and partner with peers and other teams
- Experience with corporate budgeting, forecasting and the ability to independently structure and develop analyses and presentations
- Professional understanding of accounting and finance concepts including KPIs
- Experience with data analysis systems (Oracle Hyperion)
- Knowledge of data management techniques to facilitate data visualization analysis and dashboard design (Power BI, Cognos, Excel, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and graphs)
- Knowledge of business desktop applications (MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)