Tax Operations Analyst
Tax Operations Analyst
Would you like to be part of a forward-thinking Finance team?
Would you enjoy the opportunity of working for an innovative global energy technology company?
Join our Global Tax Team
Our Global Tax Team provides support and advice for all tax processes for Baker Hughes. We ensure the accuracy of forecasting, Tax provision, quarterly and annual close and settlement. We oversee Tax compliance, we work with reporting tools to provide information for Tax audits and ensure compliance with company and corporate policies.
Develop your career in International Tax
The Global Tax Center is a component of the Baker Hughes Tax organisation. The Tax Team in the Center provides Tax services to the legal entities operated by Baker Hughes across the world in partnership with the controllership, Product Company and corporate tax teams. Services scope include US and local GAAP tax accounting, preparing tax returns and work papers (CIT, VAT/GST, WHT, Local Taxes, and TP reporting), organizing tax payments and reconciliations, providing support and responses for tax audits, and supporting projects.
As a Tax Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Liaise with local corporate tax teams with regard to the tax lifecycle and be the interface with finance, auditors, tax agents and corporate tax team.
- Preparation & analysis of financial data, legal documents and other relevant info required for local tax filings/ tax audits and any other statutory requirements
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the tax returns, schedules and work papers prepared
- Provide/prepare documents supporting the transactional data
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual US and local GAAP tax provision for entities, prepare annual RTA, perform ASC740 and ETR analysis, validate tax balance sheet accounts, coordinate with corporate tax team with respect to valuation allowance and FIN48 reserve analysis
- Prepare/review tax reconciliations, including monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations before the return is filed. Prepare tax payments
- Gather financial information to calculate intra group pricing and prepare Transfer Pricing schedules
- Completion of tax tools as part of preparation and review of provision and compliance
- Upload the final tax return and support to tax compliance tracking system
- Assist with all tax operational matters and identify any compliance issues. Escalating matters to Tax Leaders for advice and resolution
- Provide audit support and responses as required
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Minimum of 5 years work experience of Corporate Tax in large multinational/ Big 4 or Shared Service Center (knowledge of other taxes is a plus)
- Experienced/knowledge in tax processes and compliance
- Good organization skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills and detail orientated
- Comfortable delivering on quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Access
- Accountancy / Tax experience with knowledge of accounting and tax systems; Oracle and SAP, HFM, OneSource.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.