Senior Business Analyst, Officer
Why this role is important to us:
- The role will be responsible to manage the execution of Upstream Incident Remediation and Improvement Plans relating to State Street and Client Critical issues. CDM require the SME to be intrinsic to the identification of these issues, be capable to conduct root cause analysis and to design and develop the plans required for execution to drive broader and continuous operational improvement.
- CDM also plays a key role in APAC Risk Governance, which includes daily/weekly risk review and escalation of Custody Risk items; Governance of Monthly APAC OKRI Report and Meeting include Risk Categories for Fund Accounting and Custody deliverables for APAC based client relationships.
- This role is based in the China Hub and will report to the APAC CDM Lead, based in the China Hub.
What you will be responsible for:
- Participate in the design, development and support workflow automation and reporting for State Street Global Delivery
- Participate in projects in design, implementation and testing of automation and reports. Work with operations, client, and technology to deliver various projects
- Develop data and functional requirements and assist in the creation of related estimates and workflow automation/reports using different source applications
- Participate in information delivery and business intelligence strategy sessions
- Complete data analysis, profiling, and data mappings
- Interface with data experts, data sourcing resources and assist in the data validation process and write queries
- Assist in the development the conceptual/logical data models with appropriate business contexts
- Perform data gap analysis on complex financial data
- Serve as a subject matter expert across the organization and assist users with adhoc automation and reports construction queries and researching issues on existing data, query tools, and reports
- Ensure project activity is customer focused, results oriented, performance driven, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements
- Employ analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve performance
- Support user training, documentation, and rollout
- Maintain effective working relationships with organizational team and clients
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Finance, Statistics, or Economics;
- Experience working in Fund Accounting;
- 3+ years of experience in working with financial analytics or financial / technology project management. Fintech project management experience is preferred.
- Exceptional new graduates will be considered for junior PM.
- Familiar with large quantities of data from data providers (Bloomberg, Reuters, Wind, etc)
- Familiar with general IT and financial modeling tools: SQL and NoSQL, Python and C++; Matlab, R, SAS is a plus
- Understanding of machine learning algorithm and large scale data processing methods strongly preferred
- CFA / FRM certification is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, prioritize work, establish deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor progress of team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills. Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the project team
- Entrepreneurial interest and business sense.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above and minimum 3 years’ experience in related function
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.