Accountant, Fund Accounting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Northern Trust is currently recruiting a fund accountant to join our team in Basel. This is an exciting opportunity to join a ‘best in class’ operation at the heart of our business. We are particularly interested in candidates with previous experience in fund administration although we are also keen to hear from candidates who believe they have a transferable skillset. Successful candidates will receive a mix of classroom and on the job training to become operational in the role.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assisting in the productions of daily, weekly and monthly NAVs.
- Issue NAVs accurately and within defined timeframes
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be part of larger processes) and requests for information.
- Own valuation process for assigned portfolios
- Escalating fund accounting issues and aged items to the Fund Accounting Team Lead
- Perform tasks under supervision of defined processes or procedures and check for errors. Ensure procedures in relation to above tasks are adhered to.
- Collect, enter and extract data and undertake analysis as directed. Assist in the preparation of client reports e.g. taxation, equalisation, funds under custody/admin. Resolve queries.
- Opportunity to become involved in mini projects or initiatives
- Assist other colleagues as appropriate.
- Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Good attention to detail
- Client service orientation
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Basic knowledge in accounting
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.