Analyst, Regulatory Reporting
About the Company
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services (NTHFS) is a leading provider of middle and back office services to hedge funds and other organizations with complex assets and strategies. NTHFS brings together powerful technology and highly skilled professionals to help our clients handle complexity and execute their strategies. With approximately $100 billion in assets under administration, NTHFS is one of the world’s fastest growing hedge fund administrators in the industry.
Join a team where your perspectives, critical thinking skills, and acquired subject matter expertise will directly contribute to servicing clients and help grow the NTHFS Regulatory Reporting practice. The team culture is entrepreneurial in nature and has the feel of a start-up embedded within the well-established Northern Trust brand. The group is continually looking for ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness, so the sharing of feedback and new ideas from every individual, analyst through senior manager, is imperative to achievement of practice goals.
The analyst will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering comprehensive regulatory filings to our clients (e.g. Form PF, CPO-PQR, AIFMD). The partner will develop an end-to-end understanding of hedge fund administration processes as the role necessitates frequent interaction with various internal teams (trading, pricing, fund/investor accounting, etc.) in order to effectively execute assigned responsibilities. The analyst will have the opportunity to develop client management skills early on in his or her career as the position requires communication with senior level hedge fund executives responsible for reviewing and ultimately submitting filings to regulators.
As a key responsibility of this role is the aggregation and presentation of large data sets, the analyst will be trained on internal proprietary systems and data structure. A candidate will benefit from having advanced Microsoft Excel skills, exposure to programming languages, or experience working with data visualization applications such as Power BI . The analyst will have the opportunity to continually build on his or her data manipulation skills through exposure to established regulatory filing processes and assisting in the development of new models to support future product offerings.
Knowledge / Skills
- Highly proficient Excel skills.
- Attention to detail and critical thinker.
- Ability to analyze large quantities of data.
- Strong judgment and ability to formulate plans based on needs and leadership styles.
- Self-starter, with ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Executes efficiently and effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Leadership and organizational skills are essential to prioritize assignments and provide feedback.
- Aggregate and analyze large sets of investment data to comply with Hedge Fund regulation in the US and abroad.
- Collaborate with implementation team and clients to customize existing tools and develop new offerings.
- Responsible for the end-to-end processing of regulatory filings in a deadline-driven environment, including management of the overall client relationship.
- Complete quality control checks on calculations and investigate unexpected deltas period over period.
- Review guidance to gain understanding of methodologies, and ensure consistent application across filings.
- Assist in cultivating an agile team environment through learning, development, and recruiting
- A College or University degree in and/or relevant proven work experience is required
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Experience using Excel VBA and/or Python (plus)
- CPA or other relevant industry designation (plus)
- Investment Management and/or Financial Services experience, or relevant coursework; Hedge Fund Specific (plus)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.