Senior Manager - Global Billing Operation Governance Role
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation. For the successful implementation of all these activites the controls function is extremely essential and hence the Controls Hub role has been introduced.
Basic Purpose of Job:
Global Billing Operations (“GBO”) within the Controllers Organization is introducing an Out of Pocket (“OOP”) lead which will be focused on developing, implementing and managing the OOP inventory and certification process. The individual will also be heavily involved in the OOP remediation Program to validate the current approved out of pocket charges and sub-processes at the vendor level. This entails the documentation of procedures and key control points through interviews and deep dives with the business owners. The validation of pass though charges vs allocation methodologies currently used.
The team’s scope of responsibility includes GBO reporting and governance.Responsibilities:-
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Maintain and manage the Quarterly OOP inventory and certification program
- Document OOP processes
- Maintain and manage the OOP control inventory for GBO
- Co-lead for OOP change management process
- Build relationships with key GBO and business stakeholders
- Contribute to relevant governance and risk meetings
- Interact with senior level management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, statistics, or a related field and 10+ years’ experience ideally covering the following:
- Experience in process and controls documentation
- Financial services setting
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong communication skills with ability to participate in or lead conference calls and present testing results and reporting of issues to Senior Management.
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry
- Financial institution knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advanced levels of excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Results oriented ownership mindset
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.