Executive Manager - Expense and Capital Management
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) is a key client facing business group within the Commonwealth Bank. The clients of BB include the Banks Corporate, Regional and Agribusiness and Small business clients and caters to all product needs including business lending, everyday business banking, share trading & margin lending, home lending and consumer finance.
BB Finance is a divisional finance team within the Financial Services division. BB Finance has dedicated teams to provide financial performance and analysis services to enable effective decision making by various stakeholders.
You will play a pivotal role across BB finance in terms of
- Strong collaboration with colleagues to deliver outcomes for BB Finance
- Identifying performance optimisation and efficiency opportunities
- Providing meaningful performance insights for the business whilst driving continuous process improvement, achieving an effective governance and control environment, and reporting function.
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality support to the BB Leadership Team, reporting to the BB General Manager - Financial Reporting, Performance Reporting.
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact and contribution include:
- Leadership of a team accountable for the delivery of capital, provisioning and cost reporting for the Business Bank, including the forecasting and reporting of operational expenses, and the monitoring and internal reporting of ~$140bn in RWA.
- The performance of ad-hoc analytics to deliver business-focused insight to drive timely decision-making by the Business Bank and its leadership team.
- Establishment and maintenance of a strong financial control framework and culture across the team, including the proactive identification and resolution of issues.
- Delivery of continuous improvement of processes to enhance the control environment and improve the efficiency of operations.
- Oversight, reporting, planning and forecasting of the Business Bank’s direct expenses and investment spend.
- The reporting and forecasting of capital relative to capital targets and the monitoring to assist with rigorous and efficient capital management.
- Provision of in-depth analysis on Business Bank risk weighted assets, profit after capital charge, return on target equity, and return on equity; together with the delivery of fact based financial assessments to maximise return after capital and overall financial performance.
- Participation in capital optimisation and other strategic projects.
- Preparation of external financial reporting for the Business Bank, including the Group profit announcement and investor slides, as well as internal financial reporting, including financial information for the Business Bank Group Executive and the Business Bank leadership team.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification, with further relevant post graduate qualifications viewed favourably
- 10+ years post qualification experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the APRA Prudential Standards and the Group’s Capital Adequacy and Group Credit Policy
- Commercial analytical ability and experience
- Ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
- Strong previous experience in a “business partner” role
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s planning and reporting cycles/procedures.
- Sound investigative/probing skills.
- Ability to deal with senior management Experience in a busy, time pressured environment.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 12/08/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.