Executive Manager - Commercial Bank & MCG Finance
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) is a key client facing business group within the Commonwealth Bank. The clients of BB include the Banks Corporate, Regional and Agribusiness and Small business clients and caters to all product needs including business lending, everyday business banking, share trading & margin lending, home lending and consumer finance.
BB Finance is a divisional finance team within the Financial Services division. BB Finance has dedicated teams to provide financial performance and analysis services to enable effective decision making by various stakeholders.
You will play a pivotal role across BB finance in terms of
- Strong collaboration with colleagues to deliver outcomes for BB Finance
- Identifying performance optimization and efficiency opportunities
- Driving a proactive risk based culture
- Effectively leverage BI platforms focused on extracting commercial benefit
- Providing meaningful performance insights for the business whilst driving continuous process improvement, achieving an effective governance and control environment, and reporting function.
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality support to the Executive General Manager of the MCG and CB reporting to the BB General Manager Finance Business Banking Distribution and Business Lending.
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact and contribution include:
- Work in a collaborative, honest and courageous manner to deliver excellent customer service to the Business Banking
- Preparation and presentation of monthly performance reports and conference packs as required
- Provision of in-depth analysis on revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities
- Deliver fact based financial assessments to maximise return after capital and overall financial performance
- Proactively drill into and explain the financial performance of the business
- Partner with the business to explain performance results and identify performance opportunities
- Work with the business to address financial performance issues and/or leverage outstanding performance
- Oversight and control of the budget and forecasts at the local level
- Participate in strategic projects and business case development
- Provide detailed business understanding to support core financial control processes such as results production, budgets and forecasts
- Establish and maintain a strong financial control framework and culture across the team, proactively identifying and addressing issues
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives to the reporting, planning and analysis processes
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA qualification, with further relevant post graduate qualifications viewed favourably
- 10+ years post qualification experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the APRA Prudential Standards and the Group’s Capital Adequacy and Group Credit Policy
- Commercial analytical ability and experience
- Ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
- Strong previous experience in a “business partner” role
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s planning and reporting cycles/procedures.
- Sound investigative/probing skills.
- Ability to deal with senior management Experience in a busy, time pressured environment.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 12/08/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.